A Sequence is a series of ordered emails that is sent to a segment (or all) of your subscribers each email going out with specific time delays relative to the email prior to it.
Subscribers in the selected (Sequence) Segment will go through the Sequence emails in order, starting at the beginning. Send times are relative to when the specific Subscriber gets added to the Sequence, and the specific email delays are relative to the email prior to it in the Sequence (or in the case of the very first email, relative to when the Subscriber gets added).
They are also called Drip Email campaigns.
Common use cases include - welcome emails, nurture sequences, and product launch (funnels) sequences.
How to create a sequence:
1. Navigate to the Sequences tab under the Directory tab as shown in the image below -
2. Hit the Create button to start creating your new sequence.
3. On the Details page, fill all the details in like the name of the sequence, the email address you want this sequence of emails to go out, the time zone you want these sequence of emails to follow etc. You can also choose the contacts you want to send this sequence of emails to (It can be either contacts in a particular segment or to all the contacts) -
Once you are done with filling in the details, hit "> Add Steps" button to move on to the next step.
4. On the "Add Steps" page you decide what kind of email you want to send out (Simple Text or HTML email), when do you want to send it and how many emails do you want to send.
You can click on the "+ Add Step" button to add multiple steps to your sequence -
You can click on "Edit" button to select and draft the email you want to send (simple text email or HTML email) -
You can also decide whether you want to "Publish" this step or want to let it be in "Draft" mode and comeback to edit it later -
You can click on the "Configure" button to decide when you want this particular step's email to go out. It can either be immediately or after x number of hours/ x number of days. You can also select the days you want this step's email to go out. -
Note - Send times are relative to when the specific Subscriber gets added to the Sequence, and the specific email delays are relative to the email prior to it in the Sequence (or in the case of the very first email, relative to when the Subscriber gets added).
Once you are done, hit the ">Review" button to go to the next step.
5. On the Review page you can take one final look at your Sequence and if you are satisfied, you can make it live by flicking a small switch and hitting the "Update" button as shown in the image -
You can go on and create your own sequence of emails!
For any help, reach out to us via chat or through email ([email protected]).